FoodChecker can be used to assess food and drinks according to Victorian government guidelines for:
- long day care services
- hospital and health services
- sport and recreation centres
FoodChecker provides instant on screen feedback plus a PDF report available to download. Each report includes feedback on the foods and drinks provided, as well as tailored recommendations for healthier changes to meet the relevant guidelines.
The database includes over 14,000 branded food and drink products. In addition, FoodChecker can:
- advise if a branded product is classified GREEN, AMBER or RED (as per the relevant guidelines)
- save favourite recipes and products
- print menus and shopping lists.
Since 2018, 1,402 organisations have used FoodChecker to conduct over 38,000 recipe and product assessments.