- 1 red capsicum
- 4 button mushrooms
- ½ large carrot
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with baking paper or grease with butter or oil.
- Rinse carrot and capsicum in cold water. Grate carrot, finely dice capsicum and slice mushrooms. Set aside
- Combine capsicum, mushrooms, carrot, cheese, flour, baking powder and butter in a bowl.
- Add the milk, eggs and olive oil to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Place mixture into muffin tray (roughly 2 tablespoons).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Kids enjoy mixing! Getting them involved in cooking can help them eat new foods.
This recipe was developed for the Cook Well, Eat Well project.
Brought to you by VicHealth and Nutrition Australia Vic Division, Cook Well Eat Well helps Victorians create healthy meals at home during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Over 25 community organisations across Victoria were engaged to help shape Cook Well, Eat Well, and its content.