- 100g rice noodles (uncooked)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup green beans, diced
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1 medium capsicum, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm knob ginger, grated
- 300g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced salt)
- 10 iceberg lettuce leaves (served as cups)
- Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add oil, garlic, ginger and spring onion. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mince. Stir-fry using a wooden spoon to break up lumps of meat, until all meat is browned.
- Add soy sauce. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add diced vegetables. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add cooked noodles to pan. Stir to mix.
- Serve with lettuce ‘cups’.
- Scoop mixture into the lettuce, roll up and eat.
This recipe is part of Nutrition Australia Vic Division’s Long Day Care Menu Pack.